To distract them while their parents left we got out the two strollers we currently own and bundled them up...
They looked less than thrilled with us at this point. And I know that Abby is thinking, "Why did I get the shaft with the stroller? Carter's is all big and nice and has shocks and stuff for comfort." Well, I think Carter just happened to be within arm's reach at the time.
We've noticed recently that they think it is hilarious just walking around aimlessly outside, since it's a relatively new skill. So we walked to the town green to just let them walk/run around and climb the steps. That's when we officially became a hit.


Hank and Michelle were waiting for us when we got home. Abby and Carter are pretty much at a height right now where they are looking Hank in the eye...we weren't sure how this would go, but they all got along great! While I was preparing dinner, the kids were just hanging out, graciously pointing out all the ways our house needs to be childproofed (we're pretty clueless). Also, Carter was eating a snack and subsequently dropping every other piece on the floor, which endeared him even more to Hank.

(And you can see how I am rounding out in these pictures)
Dan and Heather came back shortly after dinner to two sleepy kiddos. We had a great time playing with Abby and Carter while still wondering how their parents keep up with them. We learned quite quickly that with TWO, one of them is always wandering off towards the street, reaching for something sharp, etc. while you are tending to the other. So, hats off to Dan and Heather for making it look easy, and bring those cuties back soon!
4 comments:
Glad you had a good time!!! I love those pumpkins/gourds, no matter what the boys say! Glad to see them decorating your house.
You two look GREAT in the mommy and Daddy role . . . I can't WAIT to see you guys!
You guys look like you were having fun...but...I am so thankful to only have 1 baby. I can only imagine how hard it is to have 2.
So glad I slipped out that Night! This gets you prepped for keeping up with your little guy and me!
Post a Comment