Monday, December 15, 2008

Wide Load...

Everybody watch yourself- there were TWO pregnant ladies on the prowl this weekend. One half of our BFFs came into town this weekend (Ash is writing this by the way, Joe doesn't approve of boys calling each other BFF). Sara and Allen live and work in the Middle East and are home for Christmas. We have been so thrilled to be pregnant, both with boys, at the same time. Little Ben is due about a month after Grayson. I was figuring that when Sara and I first saw each other that the babies would leap in our wombs, kind of like when Mary went to visit Elizabeth when they were pregnant with John the Baptist and Jesus. But, alas, not so much.

We shopped until we dropped (see pic below) this weekend- 2.5 hours in Target alone- and attracted quite a bit of attention with the both of us waddling around. There has been a large amount of chocolate, cake, and food in general consumed in the past 72 hours- and Joe has been a great sport putting up with the physical complaints (me) and emotions (Sara). However, I think that he will be glad to share the joy with Allen next weekend when we are all in Columbia.

We made it to Target within 2 hours of her plane landing in the states.

Grayson (30 weeks) and Ben (26 weeks) meet for the first time!

The current view in the Dickerson living room

To our South Carolina peeps (and the Bags)- we can't WAIT to see you in just a few days!!!

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Please let me know when you will be at shandon. We teach at 8:45 and go to 10:00 worship. When will you be there? PLEASE let me know.
Lorie and Kynn

Robbie, Martha, Campbell, and Maggie said...

When are you coming to SC? Will you be passing through Charlotte?

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I can't believe you have 2 whole months left. I can see why you are so miserable. Love you,

Candice

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

yeah, Joe and I can't believe I have 2 months left either. Although I will say, when mom was pregnant with me, no one believed there was only one baby in there towards the end.

kpb said...

i would do just about anything to hit the SC this weekend to get hugs from the Hawkins clan . . . please pretend I'm there. I miss you guys!