I realize I have been absent from the blog other than Not Me! Mondays lately, but there hasn't been too much going on. I tried to get Joe to write a blog about Bonfire this weekend to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the fall, but as you will read, he was a little bit busy. I'm still hoping he'll do it. A few upcoming posts will be about our family photo shoot on Sunday, the Turkey Trot we're running on Thursday, and Grayson's baby dedication at church next weekend!
But for today, another round of Not Me!s. Not Me! was created by Mckmama to share what has really been going on in your house in the past week. Thankfully, this post is not as exciting as last week. However, I will be cooking for Thanksgiving, so make sure to tune in next Monday.
As I mentioned above, we had a family photo shoot on Sunday. My former camper, Bethany, goes to George Washington University. We see her occasionally to feed her (her fam is on the west coast) and enjoy her company. It just so happens that her major is photography! I am always impressed with creative people that have a good eye, because I am definitely not one of them. Seriously. That's not a not me. Wow, this is confusing. Anyway, she came out to the house to snap some pictures of us. I did not spend all day Saturday picking out outfits for the three of us to wear. I would never do something so cliche as have us wear matching clothes in a family picture. Hopefully, I can post some of them soon and one special photo will make the Christmas card!
Since my parents will be here for a week over Thanksgiving, Joe planned to spend a significant amount of time doing schoolwork over the weekend. To make sure I supported him in that, I did not decide at the last minute to redo our master bath, thinking I could do it all: removing old towel rods, spackling, painting, light fixtures, hooks, etc. Nope! Not me! Joe did not have to come behind me and fix my mistakes, as well as deal with the electrical work, because if you remember, I am no longer allowed near the wiring. And of course it did not take hours for him to do these things because it's an old house and I underestimate the time to fix everything. I have a very kind husband.
That is all for this week. We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! And now for my favorite Thanksgiving greeting:
Gobble, Gobble!!
No comments:
Post a Comment