Friday, March 5, 2010

One Year Stats

Standing at 26.5 inches, weighing in at 17 lbs 12 oz., I give you...



Grayson!

For those of you without children, those stats above are another way of saying he is T.I.N.Y. He had previously been in the 1-5% for children his age (I had thought we were in the 5th percentile until I was actually shown the chart last week. I think they were saying 5th all along to be nice. ha!) Grayson has been barely hanging on to the bottom of the chart since he was about a month old. Now he has fallen completely off the chart. Sorry, little buddy. The good news is that he appears so healthy, proportional and developmentally on target that the doctors and nurses were surprised to see these numbers. And they're not too worried. But to be safe, we will be seeing an endocrinologist at Children's Hospital in DC sometime in the next couple of months.

And now on to other good stuff.

At one year Grayson LOVES-

  • vanilla yogurt
  • pancakes and freshly made tortillas (they're very similar)
  • Hank (although we're not sure the feeling is mutual- more about this later)
  • drinking from a real cup (not that he's good at it)
  • the outdoors
  • opening and closing everything: doors, books, Joe's mouth, his diaper...
  • pulling up to his knees (yep, we're taking our time)
  • talking- but no clear words yet
  • the Baby Mozart DVD (the only one he has EVER wanted to watch)
  • turning wheels, little or big
  • watching big kids play
  • crawling
  • his crib
  • his Daddy (I'm OK too)
  • and being sung to by his mama when he's upset.

How did he go so quickly from this-



To this?!


Dear Time, ...SLOW DOWN!

What a great little man! Such a blast to be your parents, Grayson. You get cuter every day and bring us more joy than we could ever have imagined! We love you!

3 comments:

cwheat said...

........and so do Gran and Poppi

The Hawkins said...

What a sweet guy! Can't wait to meet him! Love you guys!

kpb said...

can you stand it? crazy, that flying time :)