Friday, May 7, 2010

It is Finished- Guest Bathroom

Well, I did it again. I skipped a day. I don't know who these people are that manage to post on their blog everyday. I guess it helps when you are receiving revenue from it; keeps it at the forefront of your mind. Mine, not so much.

Anyway, this is the last room of the house: the guest bathroom. Technically, this is Grayson's bathroom and also the one Joe has been banished to because our Master bath cannot hold the both of us. I can tell you that we re-did this bathroom for about $1700 because we did it ourselves. For what it would have cost to have it done by a professional, we think it was totally worth it. (And if we can do it, you can do it!)

Before:
You can tell I got a little fed up with the wallpaper in the fall. I would randomly tear a strip off here and there.

During:
Hope and I volunteered Billy to help Joe demo. They did it in one day- it was awesome!!! Thanks Billy!
The front yard was a little redneck for a few days...
This was before grouting. I cannot believe I didn't get more pictures of the tiling project.

After:


We LOVE the new bathroom!!!

This is what we did:

-removed tile, wallpaper, all fixtures, medicine cabinet, mirror, toilet and vanity
-installed water proof backer board (goes behind the tile)
-repaired walls (filled in medicine cabinet hole and moved electrical outlet)
-painted
-re-tiled bath area and floor (Mom and I did this ALL BY OURSELVES!!!)
-installed toilet and vanity
-re-did plumbing (took FOREVER, let me tell ya, including 6 trips in one day to different home stores and a plumbing specialty store)
-new mirror and fixtures
-new vanity, re-installed toilet
-new baseboards
-and then the monotonous stuff like caulking and light switches

And NOW it is finished...except for the backyard...that's the next project.

By the end of the weekend we hope to post the aforementioned Black Magic List.

Til Then- Happy Mother's Day weekend!

1 comment:

Nick and Maren said...

Wow! It looks amazing!