Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's My Blog, and I'll Cry if I Want to

1. Did you know that I have been pregnant with Baby Joshua my entire life? We didn't actually realize it, but when I was pregnant with Grayson, I was, indeed, also pregnant with Joshua. Our wedding? Pregnant. College? Pregnant. Prom? Pregnant. First day of kindergarten? That's right, pregnant with Joshua.

2. When the Hawkins were here we took the boys to an indoor playground at the mall. It is called the "preschool" play area and has a sign with a big hand showing the height limit (3.5 feet) to play. Now, everyone get ready, because I am about to get on my SOAP BOX. The area was severely overcrowded due to VERY TALL "preschoolers". These kids weren't even close to the height limit and most of them were playing very rambunctiously. They were shoving the APPROPRIATELY SIZED children aside, taking over the equipment and being downright mean to them. I was upset about the safety issue as well as the fact that the little kids couldn't really play, but let me tell you what really makes me HOT. Most of these older kids were big enough that they had to duck under the height sign to enter the playground, and most were old enough to read, and could probably produce a discourse on the ethics of height-based exclusion rules. When their parents let them walk in to play and sat and watched them, I felt (feel) they are teaching their children that the rules don't apply to them. They probably do this because it's more convenient for them at the moment than saying "no". Horrors! Just what we need more of in the world- more children with entitlement/authority issues. Children that become adults.
The play area is obviously not supervised by any mall employee, so I was 5 minutes away from putting on a name tag so that people would think I work there, and weeding out the big kids. I could discuss this subject for many more paragraphs, but I'll step off the soap box for now.

3. This past weekend I had to ship my baby off to Texas. I had started having some serious contractions that the docs aren't comfortable with (very painful, 3-4 minutes apart) and I need to keep this baby in for at least another week (past the 35 week mark). So I can't care for G anymore, and Mom needs to be able to work some because she will be here so much this Spring as it is. So off he goes, breaking our hearts. I'm not sure how we're going to deal- especially Joe- Grayson and he are especially close right now. I think G will be fine because he loves his Gran and Poppy and Hank and Texas. We'll keep you updated.

And I'll stop the list there, because no one likes a whiner. Ha!

1 comment:

Kathlyn said...

Oh goodness Ash! Thinking of you during this crazy time. Please let me know what night I can bring dinner by and what kinds of things you and Joe do or don't like. We won't even come in, just leave you a nice dinner on the front porch. Seriously, let me know.