Well, guess who has not given birth.
I'm 36 weeks and a couple of days, had an ultrasound today that measured the baby at 7.5 lbs (at least), and a trip to the hospital last night for false labor. As I watched those contractions slow down and get weaker there was some serious weeping and gnashing of teeth. And sackcloth and ashes. I am practically in the depths of despair. If I am honest, my heart continues to grow meaner and blacker by the day. Or in other words, I am in a very bad mood and frustrated. Mainly because I spent so much time trying not to have the baby, and so many people put themselves out helping in that endeavor, and now all of that seems to have been unnecessary. I am very thankful that we are all still healthy, such a blessing. And Joe and I have had some wonderful, relaxing time together the last couple of weeks. So really, all is great. Just my impatience and timing getting in the way.
The good news is that my boy comes home today!!! We are just dying to see him, hold him, kiss him and play. (Of course he will probably be too busy getting re-acquainted with all of his toys for all that.)
If nothing else, I have an induction date of Mar. 7. Although, after today's ultrasound, I plan on having a long talk with my OB at the appt. this week about the SIZE of the baby and how I feel about that (get him out!).
That is all. We'll keep you updated...
2 comments:
Oh, my goodness. I know you are so ready to have your sweet baby. Hang in there. I am thinking about you. Can't wait to hear the wonderful news.
Lorie
Oh Ashleigh...I don't even know what to say...you'll remember this pregnancy, I'm sure...especially since you've been pregnant forever :) Prayers for you!
Post a Comment