Thursday, February 26, 2009

Here he is!

Introducing...

Grayson Samuel Dickerson
Born February 23, 2009 8:47 pm
8 lbs 2 oz 20.5 in

A couple of minutes old


Team Dickerson's newest member



Hank checking Grayson out for the first time

Thursday evening at home- check out that blond hair!


We are thrilled to have our sweet boy here with us! He just gets cuter every minute and we can't seem to hold him and love him enough; he is just too precious.

Labor and delivery went really well. Of course I got an epidural, although I was able to feel more than I thought I would, especially at the end. This was a good thing, it was just enough that I could feel pushing him out. To all my pregnant friends out there- epidurals are in the land of very happy places!!

Grayson REFUSED to cry when he came out, just made little grunting noises. Although cute, this wasn't good because he had a really fast breathing rate for several hours and had to hang out in the nursery until 5 am while they tried to get him to cry, ran tests, and even got a visit from the NICU doc. He finally cried and came out of it all no worse the wear.

We were thrilled to come home yesterday and have been adjusting to little sleep, but lots of joy! Hank is very excited about Grayson- he loves to sniff him, has to be in the same room, wants to have him in sight at all times (Hank hates the changing table because of this), and is VERY distressed when Grayson cries.

We'll keep the updates coming as much as possible. Can't wait to share him with all of you!

7 comments:

Team Krampe said...

YAY!!! He is absolutely adorable! I love the picture with Hank, he's going to be a very protective big brother :). Love and hugs to you guys!!!!

Amanda said...

So excited to see pics. I can't get enough of all that blond hair! Precious- enjoy him! I can say that the last eight weeks that Jake has been here have gone insanely fast. It is crazy.

Congrats!

bb said...

i love the head full of blond hair!!! i am sick i'm not there to hold that sweet boy. and your mom is about the cutest grandmother i've ever seen- what a sweet moment snuggled up to her grandson! joe says he looks like joe but i can't tell...

Lorie said...

We are thrilled. He is precious. Praise the Lord. What a gift.
Lorie

Michelle said...

SO Adorable!!! Miss y'all!!!

Michelle said...

SO Adorable!!! Miss y'all!!!

Martha Compton said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable and chubby. We are so happy everything went well...despite the visit from the NICU dr. He just wanted to make sure he had everyone's full attention :)