Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Waiting...

Just writing to say that there is nothing new to say! We have just been hanging out waiting for Grayson. I have been dilated to 2 cm and 90% effaced since I stopped working. Thankfully, things have slowed down since that point. I have been thrilled to be able to get his room ready and the house somewhat organized in the meantime, as well as take lots of naps! There have been many, many trips to Target- this kid needs a lot of stuff, and I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Today I watched Hank walk over to the door of Grayson's room and just stand for a few minutes observing the changes. I really wonder what he is thinking. I know he loves me being at home with him during the day- he has been dreaming of this for years.

I am approximately 2 papers away from completing grad school. Such a great feeling! I appreciate Grayson giving me the time to get through most, if not all, of it.

This post might be a little different if told from Joe's perspective- the one who is dealing with all that I am right now. :) I am more convinced than ever that I have the best husband on the planet!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

OK Grayson, let's get this show on the road. He'll be here before you know it. What a precious time. You are going to do a great job with labor and delivery. Can't wait to hear all the exciting news. God bless all three of you.
Lorie

kpb said...

hang in there and LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY!!! I can hardly stand it? Are you nervous? Got any questions or want to be surprised about the whole oredeal?

Audrey T said...

Hi, Ashleigh! I see you're waiting and waiting and waiting some more. Enjoy your last few minutes (or hours or days, whichever it is).
Congratulations a little early!

Sarah said...

Waiting and decorating and organizing. Sounds familiar...except I have lots more waiting to go. Hope you are feeling good. Enjoy the naps while you can. =)