Monday, September 14, 2009

A New Sport for Team Dickerson

2 New Racquets


2 New Pairs Tennis Shoes (mine pictured)

Huge bag of balls so we don't spend ALL of our time chasing them

2 Fans


and an instructor.


Team Dickerson is taking up tennis. Reston, the town we live in now, is big on tennis and has an abundance of beautiful courts. We thought it would be fun to have a sport we play together in the evenings. The individual courts are netted in so that beginners like us don't ruin other people's games AND it's great for little boys to be able to play while mommy and daddy attempt tennis. Tennis is a lot harder than it looks. At least for us. And no, we don't plan on Billy being our main source of instruction- but we don't mind a few pointers from him when we play together. Well, Billy plays. What Hope, Joe and I do is probably better described as "hitting the ball around".

I plan on taking lessons in October and then it will be Joe's turn. If you are brave and patient we would LOVE to play with YOU!

3 comments:

The Hawkins said...

Sounds like fun! enjoy!!

kpb said...

you go girl! I'm happy to hit some with you anytime :)

Robbie, Martha, Campbell, and Maggie said...

I can see the headlines now . . . Team Dickerson v. Team Williams . . .