Monday, January 11, 2010

Surprise!

Oh my heavenly stars, my husband is the best! At the culmination of my birthday week Joe threw me a surprise dinner at one of our favorite DC Restaurants, Cactus Cantina. Many of our close friends were there (while others were sick, boo!) and we had an amazing night! It is so fun to bring all of your friends together that don't know each other and watch them enjoy each others' company. We talked, laughed, told stories, ate incredible tex-mex, and drank margaritas. On top of that, Joe made a really sweet toast to me that made me blush a little!

If I am honest, I will tell you that I had an inkling that something was going on, but I definitely wasn't 100% sure. Joe had been telling me all week that he was taking me on a date Saturday for my birthday. When I found out who was babysitting Grayson I started getting a little suspicious. I was thrilled my friend Carolyn would be keeping him, but I thought it was odd that all 3 of our friends who would normally watch him were busy the same night. (You can tell we all have wild and crazy weekends up here!) It was still a wonderful surprise- I was unsure until I saw everyone.

Bryan and Melissa

Josh and Sarah (I worked with Sarah)

Ami, James, and Bridie (James and Ami are South Carolina friends. Whoop!)

Billy and Hope

Victoria was being a little stubborn about having her picture taken

I am so thankful to all of you who came; it made my birthday so special!!

ANOTHER great surprise was last weekend. We had game night with Bryan, Melissa, Chris and Noel to play Settlers of Catan. They surprised me with a birthday cake that was so yummy! Chris made a chocolate raspberry cake with ganache frosting. It was amazing and I was especially impressed with the ganache. Thanks guys!



What a wonderful, wonderful birthday week! Thanks everyone!!! (especially Joey!)

2 comments:

cwheat said...

Wow, and this is just the 29th-- what will he do for the big 30?? You better hang on to this guy, he's a winner for sure.

Amanda said...

What a wonderful hubby!!

Oh, and we LOVE and own Settlers of Catan!! :) Maybe SOMEDAY we can play together! ;)