It has been a while since we have talked baby, and we are drawing ever nearer to our due date! I will start off by saying that at this point I feel like I have been pregnant for my entire life. I think Joe feels the same way. In actuality I have been pregnant for 35 weeks now, with a little over a month left to go. Grayons is about 5 lbs now and the doctor doesn't think he'll get much past 7 lbs, which would be great. At this point he is so active that you can watch his movements from across the room. He has already dropped quite a bit (relieving the rib pain) and is busy planning his escape in my pelvis. (Sorry if that is too much information). Because of this relocation I am finding it quite difficult to move around, especially after being on my feet for a couple of hours. It is kind of a creeping/waddling movement that I do now. I constantly hear whispers behind my back at school such as "I can't believe she is still walking" and "There's no way she will make it to February", etc. Everyone at school has been very gracious and helpful, which I am thankful for. However, I have decided to stop working starting Feb. 2nd. I am thrilled to have this opportunity to rest and nest for a few weeks before Grayson is due!
This weekend we took our 2 day childbirth class at the hospital. Of course within the first few minutes they put up detailed slides of anatomy and Joe and I realized, while stifling giggles, that we weren't quite mature enough for the class. Luckily, we were sitting in the back. It was pretty amazing to listen to some of the questions the professional, educated fathers-to-be asked. Probably the craziest was "What are the adverse effects of breastmilk?" Whoa! That's how God made us, buddy! But, we got through it and learned some very helpful information.
Most of all, we are just dying to meet the little guy! We can't wait to see what he looks like and hold him and tell him how much we love him!!! We'll keep you all updated.....
P.S. I don't think the above picture really shows the enormity of the situation
5 comments:
Ash you look great!!! So, excited for you!!! Can't believe Grayson is almost here! YEAH!
We can't wait to see photos of Grayson. Get some rest and charge those camera batteries!
let's hear it for a few more weeks of ice cream and couch time!!! over the lips, past the gums, look out baby here it comes!!!
you look wonderful-
bb and baby ellis
You look so fabulous! You have that glow for sure. Be prepared... I thought I had 21 days left, but Kate had other plans!
I think you look so great! I already feel big and can only imagine the next couple months. Enjoy your time resting and pass on any book recommendations to me!
Post a Comment