Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hank Checking In

After my incident with the window, my blogging privileges were restricted, but now I am back and I have a lot catch you guys up on.

First of all, we finally got that great white stuff today! I say great because one, mom always stays home from work and snuggles with me when it comes; two, it is fun to go play in at the baseball field with my girlfriend Gracie; and three, it is tasty and refreshing. As you can see below, I have no aversion to the cold. The hot girl on the right is Gracie.




There has been a lot of excitement around this town recently. We got a new president last week. I hear he is looking for a dog for the White House. Here are some of the qualifications a first dog should have: house trained, on alert at all times (can't always trust those Secret Service guys), photogenic, sophisticated yet playful, and likes to travel (doesn't get airsick). Now I'm not saying I don't enjoy my current home, but I have placed my resume on monster.com and we'll see what happens (c'mon, who wouldn't want that huge backyard and personal chef?).

Speaking of the White House, mom and dad recently took two field trips: one to the West Wing and then to President Bush's Departure Ceremony at Andrews Air Force Base. Of course it is annoying for me that they leave for hours at at time on the weekend, but I get to hear all about the good stuff when they come home and we discuss it. They especially enjoyed hearing Bush speak before he got on the plane for Texas. He had a lot of positive things to say about our new president, and talked about how grateful he was for his family, his dogs, and everyone in the administration. He also said that his first faith-based initiative in his retirement was letting Laura buy a house without him ever seeing it. I'm sure it will be just fine.


Mom and Dad in the White House press room



Mrs. Cheney, President Bush, Mrs. Bush

Well, I have a lot to do in the next few weeks to get ready for Grayson. I'm pretty sure I am in charge of putting his room together and installing the car seat. So, this is probably it until after he comes home.

Love, Hank

4 comments:

BbChoy said...

Hi I visited your blog

Don Meredith said...

Hank,
Get ready! Babies are noisy and you can't play with their toys. Mom and dad stay up really late to play more though so its not all bad.

Foster

kpb said...

i am often jealous of your seemingly sparkly life :)

Lorie said...

I am so glad you got some snow!!! How awesome! I am so glad you two are having these wonderful experiences.
Lorie