Thursday, June 4, 2009

Antiques

Jenny Meredith, this post is dedicated to you...

Oh my heavenly stars did I have a great day on Sunday! Mom and I packed up the babe and took a trip to Lucketts, VA, a small village about 30 minutes west of here. They pride themselves on their antiques out there- and they always have GREAT prices. I LOVE looking for antiques and vintage stuff in general, but I have never found the right things at the right time. Until Sunday!!!

My new pride and joys-

This is a dresser I will be using as a buffet in my dining room. My mom and I seriously expected the lady to quote me a price $300 above what she said- it took me less than a second to say, "sold!"

This dresser will go in our bedroom (try to imagine it without the pink decor in the store). We have 2 other pieces we have painted antique white and put glass knobs on in our room already. Notice the TILT mirror and extra deep drawers. I am considering letting Joe have the bottom drawer. What do you think? Don't you just LOVE that sold sticker?

Mom got some great old books and blue and white china to add to her everyday collection. And Grayson, well, he had a great nap in the Ergo carrier.

And now a sweet picture of my boy.


Hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

Jenny Meredith said...

Oooh... great finds!! LOVE the dresser that you plan to use as a buffet. I haven't been antiques shopping in so long. I guess that's something I'll have to introduce Kate to this summer! And, the picture of Grayson just makes me giggle. He's so cute. :)

The Hawkins said...

How fun!! I love your new furniture!! It is going to look great. And Grayson what a cutee! I know Joe can't wait to get home and hold that little guy!