Monday, October 5, 2009

JDRF Walk (LONG overdue)

At the beginning of June, Team Dickerson participated in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund Walk for the Cure. Two of my kindergarten students, Maggie and John, from last year have Juvenile Diabetes and we wanted to support them and their wonderful families. You can read more about Maggie and John here.

Thanks to your VERY generous support, I'm pretty sure Team Dickerson raised the most money towards each team, besides their families (who raised THOUSANDS!) We had a great day and were so thrilled to be able to donate money (with help from YOU) to this cause.

Joe walked "officially" for Maggie's Muscle

I walked "officially" for John's Buddies

My team shirt

Six year old John gave a SPEECH to the entire crowd before the race. Wow!!

Rosario has never made an appearance on the blog- but she should have. She was my kindergarten assistant. One of the hardest working women I know and we spent ALL our time together. I'm not sure who was more excited about G's arrival: her or me.

John's family during the walk.

Grayson enjoying the festivities

No comments: