...the clothing item, that is. Not the person. Although, my husband is a bit of one of those too, so I guess really I love both. Moving on.
I dedicate this post to my sweet friend Kimberly, who has good-naturedly laughed and shook her head in amazement at my sweater collection since we were roommates in college. She is not a huge fan of sweaters, which is good because she lives in Dallas.
If I am honest, I will tell you that the last few days I have been moping around a little bit, thinking about how I don't fit into most of my clothes since the birth and how I don't really have a ton of money to go out and buy new ones. But, oh happy day, today I dragged out my 6 (I know, it's a little bit of a sickness) large space bags to see what the fall/winter wardrobe was going to look like. Being pregnant last year I had to entirely skip that season of clothes in favor of ones with lots of elastic. There is so much stuff I had forgotten about that it is like I have brand new wardrobe!!!! (Thankfully I am not a "trendy" shopper or I would be completely up a creek!)
Now, I did have to check sizes and am giving away MANY pairs of pants. But since I have always liked things to be a little roomy on the top, I am good to go with most of my sweaters. And OH how I LOVE a good sweater. Always have. Just haven't really lived in the right climate to really get some use out of them (Texas!) (South Carolina!). And now that I live in a place that lets me wear them for almost half a year...well, let's just say I am realizing how overboard I went with them when I moved up here.
I decided to count them today (my husband will freak when he sees this) and I have 27 functioning sweaters. TWENTY SEVEN. Now, before you judge, when I buy a sweater, I wear that thing for years. In fact, I have at least one from high school and 3 from college that I still use. Although, on the other hand, that number does not include summer-weight cardigans and V-necks. Hmmm.
I decided that maybe I should take pictures of some of my favorites and share them with you. Remember, none of these have been purchased in the last 2 years...or at least a year and a half. Oh, and try to ignore the wrinkles....they have been hibernating for awhile.
#1 The "Grandpa" Sweater, very warm wool, JCrew outlet
#2 Ok , I kind of lied. I forgot I bought this one two days ago at TJ Maxx for $16. That's all, though.
#3 The fair isle. JCrew. (on the small side)
#4 & #5 The Striped sweaters. One is $15 from Sarah Jessica Parker's line and the other JCrew. Can you even tell which is which?
#6 The high school sweater. Chunky knit from Gap. I have truly had this since I was a Junior in high school
What about YOU? Any favorites I should know about? Hope you all get to dress cozy soon!
3 comments:
More hand-me-downs for me!!
Love the last pic especially!!
love that SJP sweater. wish i could wear mine over here! oh, and ps- i still wear that brown one we both bought at the NYC macy's on the same trip.
You're making me want to go shopping!
Post a Comment