My pregnancy has been humming along quite nicely, just like Grayson's, and Saturday marked the first day of my last trimester (28 weeks). I can't say that my body is the best at being pregnant, I have lots of aches and pains, nausea and fatigue, but all things considered am very healthy- no complications. Well, baby Joshua (yes, we're having a boy and have named him Joshua) decided to up the ante on Saturday night around midnight. Of course. We ended up at Labor & Delivery where they monitored me all night, um morning, rather. Around 3 am I started having contractions. They were so mild that I didn't really feel them- it just felt like cramping- but the nurse came in and said,"Um, you're having contractions every 2-10 minutes." Because my bloodwork and a sonogram had already shown that everything was normal, Joe and I thought we were in the clear and would be released after we saw the doctor in the morning. We were SHOCKED. Cue the IV and shots of Terbutaline, a medicine used to stop the contracting. I was dilated to 1 cm and 20% effaced. Thankfully, my body responded quite well, and the contractions stopped within 30 minutes.
I was released by 9 am to go home, prescription for more Terbutaline in hand and ordered to bed rest. Fantastic. No problem! It's not like I stay at home with a busy toddler every day. Sorry for the sarcasm. Thankfully, Joe is off work for most of the next couple of weeks so we can make some plans and rally the troops. I'm not yet sure if this is going to be for the duration of the pregnancy or how strict of bed rest it will be. Joshua measured a week and a half ahead of schedule in the sonogram; he's almost 3 lbs, so that was encouraging. I go back to the doctor on Thursday morning and if anything changes I'll let ya'll know! The great thing is that I feel totally fine and every one is *currently* in good spirits!
I will leave you with this: Joe's favorite "look" during the winter is jeans with a thermal under a T-shirt. This morning was the first one he got Grayson up and dressed. (Not first time ever, but, you know). This is what G came out wearing:
Not the best picture, but I think you get the idea.I just love it and I love that Joe.
5 comments:
We'll be praying that little Joshua stays in there for at least another two months. He just wanted to give you a chance to prepare for him being a go-getter, I presume. Merry Christmas to the Dickersons...and tell that little guy that while Christmas is exciting, its not worth coming out 3 months early.
Praying that Joshua bakes for a LOT longer! No offense, but my preemie mom club is full and we are NOT accepting new members (except you know, if you have to I will, but you get my meaning). Anyway, I've had several friends go through this and turn out fine and one even ended up having to be induced! Keep us posted!
Oh Ash, we will be praying for the bed rest adjustment for you and the family. It is hard to go from running after a sweet toddler, to keeping off your feet. We will also be praying that that little one stays in her mama's womb a little bit longer. Hang in there mom and Joshua (Joe too!). Love you Ashleigh
Oh wow! Hope your best rest time is limited and you're up and chasing Grayson again soon!
Sending up some prayers for your entire family! Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you. Monday-Wednesday mornings aren't great but Thursdays and Fridays are pretty free.
Post a Comment