After I wrote this title I realized that many of you might think I would be writing about the Christmas Miracle of the baby Jesus and the hope He brought to the world. I fully support and endorse that kind of hope too, but alas, I am not writing about that today.
Following the Christmas Catastrophe of 2008 and the Christmas Miracle of 2009 we were wary of what Christmas 2010 could bring. We were hopeful it would be nothing too crazy since Hank, the perpetrator of the aforementioned Christmas excitement, was safe and sound in Texas. Then last weekend we became concerned that we might be having our own Christmas birth with Joshua, WAAAAAAAAAY too early, including a fast-track membership into the preemies mom's club (which Martha has forbidden with good reason). We are so thankful to report that not only is Joshua still snug as a bug in my tummy, but there is HOPE that I won't be on strict bed rest for too much longer! Evidently the contractions I have had are not causing me to "progress" or get the baby going in any way. Which is a miracle because of course I had to go and FALL DOWN THE STAIRS on Tuesday morning. It was only three or four stairs and to those of you wondering, "Why weren't you holding on to the rail and did you have the light on?", amazingly enough I was actually holding on to the rail AND the light was on. The baby gate at the bottom stopped me. So it was back to the hospital to monitor the babe and me. I only had one contraction over a couple hours time and he looked great.
Because of all the non-progressing, the doctors now let me sit up as long as I have my feet up as well. For any of you that have ever been on bed rest of any reason, this is HUGE. I go back to the doctor in a week and a half and if I am still "not progressing" I will be able to get up even more! The further I make it, the more I can do. They have said that at 34 weeks I can do almost anything and at 36 I could even do an aerobics class if I chose. (Which by the by, who would choose that at 36 weeks?)
So there is HOPE! yay!
We kept our Christmas pretty low key. We let Grayson have his stocking first on Christmas morning. This was a mistake. We had put a bunch of cars in it and once he saw those he was decidedly not interested in opening any more presents! (See below)
Merry Christmas from Team Dickerson!
2 comments:
Yeah for no progress!!! (When has a teacher ever said THOSE words before?) And I hear you on the stocking thing . . . Aaron opened his stocking and that was about it on Christmas morning. Chris was not pleased. Oh well, it extended the festive feeling for a little while.
Merry Christmas!
Yay! We are so happy that you're doing better! Jules loved seeing Grayson, by the way - she did her little happy dance when she heard his voice! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment