Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Randoms

1. Grayson kissed a sheep on the mouth. We took Grayson and Ami D (Joe's mom) to Mt. Vernon a couple of weekends ago. It was the perfect outing for G because it is a huge plantation that he can explore without having to cross the street. (Not to mention gorgeous) There was a pen of sheep and he was having a good time petting them and feeding straw to one sheep in particular, all the time calling it "wuppy" (puppy). I turn away for one second and when I look back, Grayson has leaned in straight to the lips and the sheep obliged. He is a very affectionate and tenderhearted child which is precious and I have to say that I am probably more comfortable with him kissing the sheep than putting his mouth on the grocery cart.

2. We have received a 2 year old parking ticket from Italy. In Italian. A final notice came to an old address from Florence yesterday. Joe had no idea that there had been any type of infraction while we were there and we are concerned that it is a scam. However, upon further research we think it is the real deal and my husband, being the honest man that he is, feels like he needs to pay the 105 EURO. He is pretty sure that he was driving in a restricted area and a traffic cam caught a pic of the rental car and traced us that way. We are wondering what happens if we don't pay it, because obviously we had no problem returning to Italy and renting another vehicle. Oh, and what happened to the other 2.5 years worth of notices? (Allen, we will be contacting you shortly to discuss the appropriate action to take)

3. Katie bar the door! The Aggies are going to a respectable bowl game and we ended the season ranked.

4. The best money I spent all month was on a pink baby doll stroller. And it is Grayson's. He had such a great time with them during our trip to South Carolina (at all the little girls' houses) that I decided to check them out at Target the other day. $10! Are you kidding me? I snatched that sucker up and prepared for the verbal onslaught once Joe got home from work. It sounded like this,"Why couldn't you have gotten him a toy lawnmower?" (because he's never seen YOU push a lawnmower since we don't have a yard and he wouldn't have any idea what to do with it) "Why couldn't you have gotten a blue one?" (someone please find me the blue baby doll stroller out there. Purple, maybe.) Never mind the fact that the child played with the thing for 3 hours straight that afternoon, completely changing MY life. Joe has adjusted to the stroller for the most part, except for yesterday when he asked me if we could take the fabric off the frame and dye it blue. I pointed out that the frame would still be pink and he stood down. Let it by known that Grayson will not carry any sort of doll or stuffed animal in the stroller. He will allow race cars, sticks from the ground, and sometimes his milk.

That is all.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

The Hawkins said...

The ticket was NOT our fault. The GPS told us to drive down the pedestrian street in Florence! I don't know if that is what it is from but I would assume that. Also, just because the Italian government is bankrupt doesn't mean we should have to bankroll it! I will let the guys figure this one out.

cwheat said...

This is the second blog in a row without a pic of that boy!!!! What are you thinking????

kpb said...

ps- I JUST love the "randoms" posted :) and I just miss you