First up was Sara. She came a week after Joshua was born so that Joe could get back to French class. I was amazed at how she would grab Grayson and Nate and run off to the store with both of them. This is something I can do now too, thankfully. When she was here I was having a hard time with some things and it was so great to have one of my best friends at my side. Sadly, there is much of her visit that I don't remember because my body was still in shock from lack of sleep.
Several days after Sara left Donnette aka Ami D aka Joe's mom came. She was here for a week and Grayson was so thrilled to have a playmate. Ami D cooked and let us sleep in and loved on us. She also was here so early in the game that I have a hard time remembering most of her visit.
During the last few weeks Joe had to travel for work and there was no way I was ready to deal with these boys on my own. Especially since Joshua is refluxing (and taking an hour to feed each time) and Grayson is getting very comfortable with the "terrible twos". So, another one of our dearest friends came to help- Hope. Hope and her husband Billy are incredibly close to Grayson, despite moving to California in January. Honestly, Hope is one of these people that have it together so much, she can come in and whip everyone in my household into shape pronto! It was so great to have girl time and catch up.
Bringing up the rear was Gran aka my Mom. And just in time. With Joe being gone Grayson's behavior continued to get more exciting every day. She held and fed and played and got up at 6 am and dried tears and showed "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". And that was just for me. She also took care of the boys.
My Dad also popped in for a few days, which was so fun and such a blessing. Grayson was thrilled to have a boy around and as usual Dad provided plenty of comic relief (both intentional and unintentional).
Thanks to all of you for serving us and being here- truly the best gift. We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment