Friday, April 15, 2011

Changing My Life

This is another one of those posts that foreshadows a deep, meaningful, perhaps spiritually insightful thing happening in my life. But alas, it is not. If I had time to sit and reflect about the goings on in my heart and house in the last few months I'm sure there would be lots to tell. (Note to self- maybe you should get on that) But this is about PRODUCTS. Products so great that they are greatly increasing my quality of life. A couple of them have been changing my life for a while now, others are brand new. Joe always tells me that I am a great salesperson. I don't think that's necessarily true, but if I do find something I love I WILL shout it from the rooftops. Mainly because I am easily excited and also I appreciate when friends share great product ideas with me.

I do not write this list lightly, so if you're wondering if I am over-exaggerating, I'm not. This time.

In no particular order:

1. Itzbeen


The Itzbeen timer has been changing my life for the second time around. Right before Grayson was born Amanda wrote about it changing her life and I had to try it. It keeps track of how much time between feeds, diaper changes and naps for baby. Especially helpful in the middle of the night when you are so tired you don't even know where you are. Joe and I have given this to several of our expectant friends whom have also cherished it.


2. Tide Wash Boost

In January I pulled out all of Grayson's newborn clothes to prepare them for Joshua. I started panicking when I realized they were all yellowed and dried out like they had been sitting around since 1950. I knew I hadn't put them away dirty, but Grayson's reflux spit-up stains were so bad, I figured they showed up even worse over time. After washing them with the usual laundry stain release suspects without success I was about to toss them all (they were that bad). But then my friend Nicole told me about this new Tide wash boost stuff that she uses on her infant's clothes. I threw them in the wash with some Borax and oh my goodness if those clothes didn't come out looking like new. Joshua has reflux too, but with my Tide Wash Boost I don't have to spend any time pre-treating every little spot on each outfit, burp rag and blanket. Sweet. I don't usually spend very much on fancy laundry helpers, but this stuff is worth every penny. Note: I have only used the liquid in-wash boost.


3. Tan towel


Some of you readers out there have beautiful olive skin that looks great year round. Then there are people like me: skin so fair that it appears see-through at times. When March comes around each year it has been so long since my skin has seen the sun I can hardly stand to look myself in the mirror. I have tried just about every self-tanning product over the years, but never one that was fool-proof and easy to apply while not making me look like an oompa-loompa. Until now. I ran across this at Sephora and oh thank you Lord! It's like a wet wipe soaked with self-tanner. No streaks! Great color. So easy to run a towel over your body and it dries quickly- you don't have to wait hours to put your clothes back on. I'm a believer.

4. Chaco flip-flops
This will be the 4th, I repeat the 4th summer these flip-flops will be changing my life. Any flip-flops that look new after 4 seasons of constant wear have my vote. Now, they do cost roughly $50, but if you split that between 4 summers, that's like buying a cheap pair of flips for $12 each year. And I promise they aren't as supportive or comfortable as Chacos. What I really like about them (besides the arch support) is that they don't even flip or flop much. I get excited every Spring when I get to bring them out again!

This concludes the list. Thrilling, I know. Please always feel free to share your fave stuff with me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Kathlyn said...

I'm going to pick up some of that Tide Boost today. If it saves our Easter outfits, I'll be one happy Momma!