Thursday, October 2, 2008

There really IS something in there....

I (Ashleigh), felt the baby move for the first time this past weekend. I was laying in bed half awake, when I felt something pushing outwards in my tummy. I sat straight up and yelled," I felt the baby move!" (A little shocking for Joe who was still asleep) I wasn't really expecting to feel anything for a couple more weeks, but this was different than anything I had ever felt before; I knew it was the baby. The baby stayed busy in there for the rest of the day.


With this movement came the realization that there really is a baby inside my tummy. As in, there is no going back (not that I want to). Kind of overwhelming. Sure we have seen the baby on ultrasound, I went through the morning sickness, and I have a little belly, but this gave confirmation that it is a living being that can move and stuff. And FYI, we find out the sex next week.



On another note, I had to post this picture of Hank because it is just so darn sweet. He dragged this stuffed sheep out of the back of the closet while we were at work. (Since we don't actually have the baby yet, Hank gets all the cute points).

4 comments:

kpb said...

i LOVE it! Baby D is gonna be here before you know it. And as you described that wonderfully amazing feeling of the baby moving, I was taken back there and almost cried. that was a favorite moment of mine too! yay, Ashleigh. I can't wait to read all the informative blogs to come . . .like boy or girl! I can hardly stand the suspense...

Martha Compton said...

Isn't it a neat feeling? Just wait until you can see the baby move...that's just so weird. Cool...but weird.

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh,

Ryan, Kayleigh and I are soooo excited for you and Joe! I can not wait to get to see the ultasound pics of the baby! Your mom said that you are due in February! With all these babies being born in February, we just need to have one giant family party! At least that would be a good way to get to see everyone on a somewhat regular basis!

Let us know when you find out what you are having! We can't wait!

Love you all!

Ryan, Andra & Kayleigh Fridrich

Lorie said...

I am so happy to find you!!! Thrilled about the baby. PLEASE keep us posted. Love and miss you so much.
Lorie and Kynn