Twas the night before his birthday
And all through the dark
He couldn't hear anything
Not even Hank's bark
He figured that downstairs
Everyone was having fun
He needed to get down there
How could it be done?
I must get out of this crib, he thought
I've never done it before
I can crawl downstairs
If I can only get to the floor
He grabbed a slat
And struggled to his knees
Then turned his toes under
He was almost free!
But then Gran walked in
And to her surprise
Grayson was standing up in his crib
Before her very eyes
And that is how
His first birthday eve
His crib was dropped down
So his bed he could not leave!
3 comments:
What a big boy! Love the poem! Can't wait to hear all about the party.
Almost escaped! Good try, Grayson. We are so excited you are one.
LOVE IT! We're on our way to 2 this week! WHERE DID THE YEARS GO???
Post a Comment