Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowmageddon- Part 7 (The End)

I know you are all heartbroken that our Snowmageddon posts are over after tonight, but our life must go on!

When the snow stopped yesterday evening it had snowed 11 more inches. Joe was off work again today (yea!) and has a two hour delay tomorrow. It was pretty shocking how horrible the roads were yesterday during the storm. You know things are bad off when they (not sure who "they" are) decide it is too dangerous for the plows and emergency vehicles.

Anyhow. Here are pics from last night and today:



We got out this afternoon and went to the town center. If you have visited us these scenes will look slightly familiar:

The outdoor skating rink



Grayson at Home Depot- we are almost finished with the bathroom!


We have been trying to take so many pictures of all this snow because we know we most likely will never see anything like it again! You just can't capture how beautiful and bright it is. (You seriously can't go outside without sunglasses on!)

And on a COMPLETELY unrelated topic. Look at these completely scandalous shorts at Gap Kids that we saw today-

These are for a 6 year old girl. Now I know how short 6 year-old's legs are; I used to spend all day everyday with them. But these are NOT OK. Not enough material. Uh-uh. What is this world coming to?

End of that discussion. Feel free to comment.

Tomorrow things go back to normal around here. It was such a treat to have Joe home for a whole week! I told him this evening that I have no problem spending 24 hours a day with him for long periods of time- enjoyable in fact. What a blessing!

And some more snowstorm names we have heard before I leave you: Snowpocalypse, Snowtastrophe, Snowtorious B.I.G., and Snowmygoodness!

Happy Weekend to all!

2 comments:

Jenny Meredith said...

Have LOVED the snowmageddon posts. Thank you for letting us Southerners live vicariously through you! Love the pics of Hank in the snow. Too cute! Foster asked if we would get that much tonight. I said yes, he should go get his snow-shoes on. :) And to think people are going crazy down here over 2 inches! How about afternoon coffee on the 17th? I don't get in until just after lunch and then will have to get to you from BWI (not Regan). It may be complicated, but it can happen!!

Amanda said...

Wow, I am so jealous of all that snow!
Oh, and those shorts are just beyond bad. I think a child molester must've designed them. :(