Hope and Billy ventured out to help Hope's single co-worker dig out and then came to see us! Yay for other humans! Just kidding. We actually had our neighbors over the first time last night for chocolate cake. We talked the weather, remodeling, jobs, and our neighborhood for hours.
If you're wondering if our half bath project is finished yet, the answer is a big FAT no. Joe has had to spend hours and hours shoveling, bless his heart, and hasn't gotten to the plumbing. Pictures of the shoveling tomorrow.
I wanted to have one fancy meal while we were all snowed in, and with Hope and Billy here, the time was perfect!
Introducing: Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic by the Barefoot Contessa. Click here for the recipe.
OH. MY. HEAVENLY. STARS. That is all I have to say about this recipe.
Well, not really. I'm going to keep talking about it. It was really fun to have Hope in the kitchen with me because she is just getting her (cooking) feet wet, so to speak. (Yes, I know I am too) Hope was my Sous Chef and also prepared a side dish of potatoes for the meal.
The recipe has a few steps, but trust me, if I made it and it was THAT dang good, as it was, you can easily make it too. Honestly, regardless that I made it, (it wouldn't have mattered who made it), tonight's dinner was in the TOP 10 of the best meals of MY LIFE. (I know I tend to be a little dramatic sometimes, but this is serious!)
It was one of those times that once the food hit the table, there was silence for about 10 minutes while everyone GOBBLED up the goodness, not even able to take time and savor it.
And then after dinner, great news- Joe's work is shut down tomorrow. Yippee!!!
Joe and Billy ran up to Home Depot (only a mile away) this afternoon for plumbing supplies and had the store to themselves. There were literally 3 workers hovering around them giving advice. Obviously that never happens on a normal weekend. The roads were still covered even though the plows had come through several times.
Happy Super Bowl Watching!!!
1 comment:
looks seriously delicious!!
Post a Comment