I took this, the before picture, at noon right after the snow started. You can see there are already a few inches on the ground from Tuesday's snow.
I will go into the craziness that Metro DC has been in the last few days in a subsequent post. (We will be here all weekend, as they are begging, begging people to stay of the road on all news stations). So hopefully that means lots of blogging!
Anyhow, now to the point of this post. Joe got home early for work, as things are going to be so bad, his job let everyone off 4 hours early. (!) That NEVER happens. We decided to take a winter wonderland walk while we could.
The view out our sliding glass door-
This snow is different from our December blizzard in that it is very wet, which means heavy. The worry is that there will be lots of down trees, which leads to downed power lines, and you can see where this is going...If that happens, we have friends a mile down the road with a big house, fireplace, and open invitation.
But back to the walk, we took Hank back to the crime scene, um, I mean Christmas Miracle. Because of the nature of said miracle we did not take any pictures last time. This is the pond-
You can see a few cracks in the ice here and there. Hopefully not from other puppies.
And definitely NOT Hank. He was safe on his leash.
Ok, this is an aside, but they just predicted a possible Thunder-snow. WHAT! I didn't know that was a meteorological option!
For now we are having a great time playing games and watching movies. We'll check back in later...
2 comments:
Oooh! Thundersnow?! That sounds fun! Stay warm!
So glad you have posted these pictures. Keep them coming. I remember being in a thundersnow storm when I was a little girl. It scared me. Isn't is quiet outside when it snows? Not always. :)
Have fun.
Post a Comment