Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It is Finished- Kitchen

I have to say that the kitchen was mostly my labor of love. Painting and distressing the cabinets was about a 2 week process that seemed to involve 30 steps. OK, that is not entirely accurate. But one day I did count through the steps and got to about 17. Joe was responsible for everything to do with the appliances: Jason helped him moved the water line so we could have an ice-maker, Joe cut cabinets in half to fit the appliances in, installed the microwave and outside vent above the stove, and of course he and Noel did the floors. I was thrilled with the outcome and even though it is small I really enjoy cooking in it.

Before:

During:





After:

The score:

paint on walls "Sagey" by Behr
3 new outlets
light fixture
water line moved so we could have an icemaker (and re-patched ceiling)
4 new appliances
repainted cabinets
new hardware for cabinets
hardwood floors/baseboards

Back tomorrow!

1 comment:

kpb said...

GORGEOUS! we're finishing our guest bath this weekend- SUCH WORK! good job y'all