Well, Saturday night was
quite a treat. One of our Team Dickerson JV members was in town and so the 3 of us packed up the diaper bag and went out on it! (the town, that is)
Many of you remember
Michelle, who spent a blissful 3 months on varsity, and who we traded last minute for Grayson. (Sorry friend, but he is DANG cute). Despite this, we are thankful that they are still able to enjoy a great relationship.

Joining us for our big night out, (which if you are wondering what that includes: dinner at 6pm at the Cheesecake Factory, followed by a leisurely stroll around the Galleria), were our friends Dr. and Mrs. DeSalvo. (Daniel and Michelle...she's also named Michelle) They are both super-smart Aggie medical professionals whom I love to pepper with questions. During the dinner conversation when I heard Daniel would be Chief Resident in his department next year, I quickly asked if that was like Dr. Bailey (from Grey's) just to make sure we were on the same page. We were! Way to go Dr. Daniel!
This is them. They are way cute and fun and I wish that either they didn't live in the city or we didn't live in the burbs so we could see them more often.

Back to the other Michelle. After leaving DC, she is now the assistant for a certain lady in women's ministry who loves dressing to the nines and big hair. In the course of the evening, I came up with something I thought was hilariously original and brilliant. I told her maybe I should send her boss a
Bump It! She looked at me and dryly explained that they have about 25 at the office already that people have sent her. Blast! Shot down.
Anyway, this is us before the trade-in:

This picture was taken at Michelle's good-bye party. That night an acquaintance of hers confessed with agitation to Michelle how horrified she was that I, the 9 months pregnant roommate, was walking around at the bar sipping on a Coke. When I heard that, I had a good mind, in my misery, to walk up to the girl and tell her she should be thankful I wasn't walking around with a MARTINI.
I kid.
A little.
This is us after the trade:

She likes those pearls. And she has great hair.
Can't wait for your next DC trip, roomie!
And Daniel- I totally dreamt Sat. night that I had diabetes. Honestly, I think about these things too much.
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out! I miss y'all and I am so glad you informed me of Kyle's sly move to try to get on the varsity squad!
Post a Comment