Monday, April 26, 2010

It is Finished

I am so very thankful to report that we have finished remodeling our house. Oh my goodness, what a job! We started in June before we moved in, worked the rest of the summer, took a break and then picked up after the new year, finishing this weekend. We are SO ready to be outside enjoying the beautiful Spring instead of inside working and breathing questionable fumes.

Each day this week I will post the before and afters of a different room. And then at the end we will share our house remodeling "black magic list"- products that work so well that they must have something to do with the black arts.

Another thing to mention is that I apologize for the quality of the pictures. I can't remember if we've told the story on here about our camera and how we lost it- basically I unknowingly dropped it in the snow one day during the first blizzard and didn't find it until the snow melted. And it obviously didn't survive. Nick and Maren have graciously lent us their old camera until we get another, but I do not know how to use it that well. So try to ignore the glares, shadows, blurriness, etc.

And now down to business- keeping in mind that we did all of this ourselves...and with our friends. No professionals (unless you count Jason who could be if he wanted to quit his day job).

We will start in the living room:

Before:


During:


After:



By the numbers:

4 coats of paint on the wall
2 coats of ceiling paint
1 hardwood floor installed
4 new vents
5 new outlets
3 new light switches
1 new ceiling fan
baseboards and shoe molding

The peeps:
Jason: fixtures, drywall patching, got Joe started on the floor
Noel: laid floor with Joe (for a WEEK), baseboards, shoe molding, touch-ups, decor
Chris: painted shoe molding, baseboards, touch-ups, decor

There is someone that is missing from the pictures because they are behind the camera- please do NOT think that person was not working!!!!

See ya back here tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nick and Maren said...

I love the before and after! When does your HGTV show start?

greencnj said...

So you guys are coming to our house next, right? : )