Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sneak Preview

You may be thinking that I have gone back on my promise to post photos of the entire house remodel after we finished the bathroom (last project). Nope. I have bought myself plenty of time in that area because the bathroom is taking forever. It doesn't matter how cut and dry you think a project is- IT'S NOT.

The bathroom has taken over our lives these past few weeks. The reason for the lack of blog posts is because there is NOTHING to tell other than: we're working on the bathroom.

Exciting, I know.

My saintly husband has battled all sorts of plumbing and caulking issues, repaired drywall, and moved electrical outlets. Wow, that sounds so easy when you put it into one sentence. Translation: Those things took 2 weeks. The upside: he has learned SO much and impresses daily me with his remodeling knowledge.

Today I spent close to an hour cleaning up the bathtub. It was finally ready for my precious boy to take his bath tonight. It required some serious elbow grease and this:


and this:


both of which work so well that:

a) they must be toxic
b) have something to do with the devil (black magic)

I try not to use these types of products in my house very often. However, after weeks of mortar, grout, caulk, and paint flying around the bathroom desperate times called for desperate measures. So, before that cute little body got in the tub, I rinsed and rinsed and scrubbed and scrubbed.

The result, along with a little preview of what is to come:


And just in case you were wondering, here is where Grayson has been taking his baths in the meantime:

2 comments:

Nick and Maren said...

Wow! It looks amazing! (Grayson is so adorable in the sink!)

Dad and Dianne said...

Looks like Joe is becoming a regular Bob Villa! The bathroom looks great but any picture with Grayson trumps them all!